Redundancy, this is never a nice area to deal with, generally redundancies signify a reduction of work which is deflating to a business and traumatic for employees to have to deal with.
It is important to understand the business case for a redundancy and to identify if as genuine, making it lawful. Once this has been established then consideration has to be about managing the project.
Some questions to consider are:
- Redundancy consultation – what numbers are involved (potentially at risk),
are we talking individual redundancies (under 20) or collective (over 20)?
- Time-frames required for consultation – less than 30 days, 30
days or 45 days
- Is there a workforce or collective agreement in place?
- Have there been previous redundancies, if so how long ago?
- Has there been a tupe transfer?
- Is it at one site or several?
- Are there long term sick and employees on family friendly leave who may
- Redundancy notice for employees
There are a huge amount of variables involved when dealing with redundancy and getting it wrong could land you in hot water. Potential claims can be, unfair dismissal and discrimination (discrimination awards are unlimited).
We have managed many redundancy projects and quite often, unless there is a site closure, the proposed numbers to be made redundant and those actually made redundant tend to be less. We can appoint a consultant to act as your HR Advisor and help manage you through this complex area.
Contact us to discuss your requirements and identify how we can help you.
How We Will Help You…
- Review your business case
- Provide advice and documents
- Provide an objective view
- Ensure you comply with employment law
- Help with time-frames
- Attend/support or conduct consultation meetings
- Liaise with relevant groups and trade unions
- Help or manage your redundancy pay and notice calculations
- Provide help and assistance with redundancy administration
- As much or as little as you want.
What they say…
We have found Jude to be entirely helpful and reliable and would have no hesitation in endorsing her abilities as an Employment Consultant and also her dedicated attitude towards customer service.
Call us TODAY and let us help you 01455 231982 | 07716 918272